With Memorial Day behind us, I feel like summer is only a few steps away. I can already imagine myself lying with a hat and sunscreen by the beautiful Mediterranean Sea in Italy. Lately, I have been busy getting my skin ready for summer.
I always find it very flattering when people ask questions about my skincare routine. When I was younger, in the summer, I would spend endless hours lying on the beach at Santo Janni Formia. Those days are gone forever, because now, when I go to the beach, sunscreen is the first thing I pack in my beach bag. Nowadays, I tend to pay more attention to my daily skin routine.
There is something amazing about aging naturally. I can see some beautiful wrinkles in the future, but for now I will try to do my best to avoid them. You can’t blame a girl for trying. What I do in the morning is super simple. Today, I decided to share with all of you some of my simple steps to keep my skin looking soft and glowing. My secret of glowing skin is not in expensive makeup or luxurious facials. Here is what I do daily:
- First, I follow a very healthy diet, with lean protein and plenty of fruits and vegetables. I don’t even remember the last time I had fast food. If I do go out to lunch or dinner, I always try to choose a healthy, low-calorie meal. What you choose to eat each day has a lot to do with whether you are looking to find that healthy glow. So, try to incorporate healthy food in your diet. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
- Drink up! I mean water. There are many great reasons to drink water. It is refreshing, it helps my complexion, it keeps me hydrated, and it helps me maintain my energy level on those heavy cardiovascular days.
- I always use an organic cleanser twice a day, followed by my favorite serum, and a moisturizer along with an eye cream. I do a mask twice a week.
- I exfoliate every other day to remove the dead cells from the surface of the skin. After a proper exfoliation, the skin looks fresh and healthy. Be sure to apply a good moisturizer to hydrate the skin after exfoliating.
- Last, but not least, don’t forget to smile. I always look for new strategies to keep Zen in such a super busy society. Share yours. XOXO
As for the makeup, I keep it simple!