With Memorial Day behind us, I feel like summer is only a few steps away. I can already imagine myself lying with a hat and sunscreen by the beautiful Mediterranean Sea in Italy. Lately, I have been busy getting my skin ready for summer.
I always find it very flattering when people ask questions about my skincare routine. When I was younger, in the summer, I would spend endless hours lying on the beach at Santo Janni Formia. Those days are gone forever, because now, when I go to the beach, sunscreen is the first thing I pack in my beach bag. Nowadays, I tend to pay more attention to my daily skin routine.
There is something amazing about aging naturally. I can see some beautiful wrinkles in the future, but for now I will try to do my best to avoid them. You can’t blame a girl for trying. What I do in the morning is super simple. Today, I decided to share with all of you some of my simple steps to keep my skin looking soft and glowing. My secret of glowing skin is not in expensive makeup or luxurious facials. Here is what I do daily:
- First, I follow a very healthy diet, with lean protein and plenty of fruits and vegetables. I don’t even remember the last time I had fast food. If I do go out to lunch or dinner, I always try to choose a healthy, low-calorie meal. What you choose to eat each day has a lot to do with whether you are looking to find that healthy glow. So, try to incorporate healthy food in your diet. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
- Drink up! I mean water. There are many great reasons to drink water. It is refreshing, it helps my complexion, it keeps me hydrated, and it helps me maintain my energy level on those heavy cardiovascular days.
- I always use an organic cleanser twice a day, followed by my favorite serum, and a moisturizer along with an eye cream. I do a mask twice a week.
- I exfoliate every other day to remove the dead cells from the surface of the skin. After a proper exfoliation, the skin looks fresh and healthy. Be sure to apply a good moisturizer to hydrate the skin after exfoliating.
- Last, but not least, don’t forget to smile. I always look for new strategies to keep Zen in such a super busy society. Share yours. XOXO
As for the makeup, I keep it simple!
Sometimes, when I feel annoyed with people and things, I express my frustration by writing. Don’t get me wrong, I also write when I’m happy, but, when I’m frustrated, writing just takes me to another dimension, a less annoying one. It sweeps me away to a quiet place where I can recharge and feel whole again.
Today, my heart was broken. I’m not expecting everyone to understand how I feel, but if you are a soccer fan, you can certainly understand the magnitude of my sadness today. For those of you whom learned to love and worship soccer from a very early age, you can understand the sadness and the disappointment of a loss.
After Juventus defeated Barcelona twice, some of us, including myself, got a bit overconfident. We felt our team could easily win against Real Madrid and claim the Champions League cup.
As you may have guessed, this was not the case. Ugh!
Unfortunately, that’s life and sports. While it sometimes feels wrong to be in a state of mourning over sports, especially a match wherein no one was injured and everyone returned safely back to their families; I think it is a good thing to allow yourself to really process your emotions. If I did not feel bad when Juve loses, I would not feel good when they win. If that was the case, what would be the point of watching sports? That emotional attachment one develops with a team is what makes this pastime so exhilarating.
Time to start again.
Take care everyone
Ce ne andiamo a Cardiff! Ce ne andiamo a Cardiff!
Hello, my friends!
This warm weather and beautiful sunshine makes me happy. I hope all of you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Have you noticed my blog’s new look? Do you like it? I personally love how everything has its own place/category. It looks very professional and organized. My webmaster, Patrick, did a super job, I guess I will keep him. 😉 It was time to change. I was getting unhappy with the way it was looking. To me, it was just a big mess. Let me know if you like this new format.
So, today I’m sharing a few of my favorite items that I received last week. It is great shopping online. I’m in love with those gladiator sandals. You can wear them with a dress, or with your favorite jeans or jeans skirt. They are totally versatile. It takes some planning to look glam, but it is worth it. For my upcoming trip to Italy this summer, I’m already pre-staging what to bring and what to wear. That will save me some time later.
I have also been using this Jessica Alba’s Hydration Replenishing Mist, and it has become a major part of my morning routine. I use it after cleansing, before applying the moisturizer and serum. I also like to spray throughout the day, to get that instant hydration. I’m already in love with this product! Stay happy and zen!